Decorations contest Friday
The Eufaula Area Chamber of Commerce is hosting a decoration contest for businesses Friday, Oct. 27.
Judging will take place at 5 p.m. Competition is based on overall decoration, most creative and most outlandish.
Winning businesses and their employees will be treated by the following hosts: first place – Taco Mayo; second place – Jones Coffeehouse and third place – Pam Rossi.
Downtown Eufaula annual Halloween event will take place on Main Street from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 31.
There will be trick or treating and Pop with a Cop.
The First Baptist Church of Eufaula will hold its annual Trunk or Treat event on Tuesday, Oct. 31 starting at 4 p.m.
The event is open to all kids in the community. First Baptist Church will have cars – with trunks open and ready with candy. We invite all of our area kids and families to come and be part of the fun!
Trunk or Treat is at the same time as our Eufaula Downtown Merchants trick or treat.
On Friday, Oct. 27 at 8 p.m. Eufaula Post 8798 will host a Halloween party which will include karaoke, games and prizes.
All are welcome. On Saturday, Oct. 28, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., the VFW Post 8798 Auxiliary will host it Annual Youth Fall Festival.
There will be prizes, snacks, games, crafts and a costume contest.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The Pumpkin Patch will have a haunted hayride Friday and Saturday night, Oct. 27 and 28 frm 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Admission is $10. Other activities include a hay maze, bonfires, bounce houses, train ride, corn bin, petting zoo and Clyde the Camel.
Located at 111563 Highway 150, Checotah. Lake Eufaula State Park Fountainhead Stables.
The Lake Eufaula State Park invites everyone to visit the park this month and enjoy the annual Haunted Trail event.
The final two days for the event event will be held Saturday on Friday, Oct. 27 and Friday and Friday, Oct. 30 from dark until 10 p.m. each night.
Admission is $3 per person. Meet at the park office. The event is hosted by Friends of Lake Eufaula State Park.
There will be a bar, costume contest, live DJ, door prizes and food.
Presented by Porches for Pups
Porches & Pastures Real Estate will host the 5th annual BARKtoberfest Saturday, Oct. 28 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at their location, 114375 N. Old Highway 69, Eufaula.
There is something for everyone at the event, which is designed to bring the community together for a day of fun celebrating our 4-legged friends, while shining the spotlight on pet adoption and animal welfare.
Admission is FREE and tickets will be available for purchase for carnival games with all proceeds benefiting Porches for Pups.
Schedule: 11 a.m. – kickoff 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – contest registration Noon – doggie cake walk 1 p.m. – dog biscuit contest 2 p.m. – costume contests 2:30 p.m. – silent auction 3 p.m. – event ends Here is everything you need to know about the event:
• Facebook Event Page: https://facebook. com/events/s/barktoberfest- 2023-lake-eufaul/ 909054230229817/
• Live music – featuring Shiloh & Going 4 Broke
• Food trucks- The Taco Bandit, Eva’s BBQ, Candy Truck & Whoa Nellie Cheesecakes
• Beer Garden- Bierkraft (proceeds of beer pours go to Porches for Pups) with Poke the Bear Mobile Keg Truck
• Kid Zone- Complete with bounce houses, pumpkin patch, carnival games, train rides and more!
• Costume contests – Don’t forget the costumes for you and your pets!
Registration is FREE. Prizes will be awarded in several categories.
• Pet adoptions – Multiple rescue organizations will be on-site with animals waiting for their forever home. Adoption kits will be provided by Porches for Pups.
• Dog Biscuit Eating Contest- Enter your furry friend to beat all the competition by eating the most dog biscuits in the fastest time. Registration is FREE. Prizes will be awarded.