Our theme for this school year is GROWTH: We use this as an acronym for highlighting the characteristics of: Gratitude, Respect, Open-Minded, Willingness to Learn, Teamwork, Honesty.
This month we will focus on Respect: What is having respect?
Having respect means you feel positively toward a person because of how they affect others. For example, you may have respect for
• a person that treats other people kindly
• someone who worked hard to achieve something
• someone who overcame a challenge You can have respect for others, and you can have respect for yourself. Self-respect means you feel good about who you are, the types of choices you make, and the impact you have on others.
What is showing respect?
Being respectful means you act in a way that shows care for how your actions may impact others. We can show respect for people, places, and things. For example:
• Using kind or polite words even when you’re upset
• Using manners like sharing, waiting your turn, saying please and thank you
• Accepting difference or at least disagreeing with kind words
• Being careful not to damage places or things
• Using a quiet voice or calm behavior in public places
• Sharing resources, only taking what you really need Our Parent Hub has a lot of important resources. Please check it out, by accessing the QR code.
Counselor’s Corner Student’s of the Month for September: Kaleah Boyce, David Thomas, Emberly Walker, Brantlee Davis, Austin Deaver, Rafe Johnston, Addy Leathers, Tylee Gregory, Levi Smith, Meilani Marshall, Eastyn Fields, Kinzlee Skinner Daeviny Caldwell, Jack Cassels, Kyle McBride.
This last month our students were able to attend a presentation provided by the Oklahoma Children’s Theater. We were also able to collect over $600 in our FIll the Bowl drive for Marley.
If you haven’t already, please follow our Eufaula Schools Beacon Program facebook page for up-to-date information.
BEACON is full! 202 Students are currently being served through our after-school program!
School-Wide Literacy Night “Bingo For Books” will be on October 26th. More to details to come.
Eufaula Elementary We use this newsletter and our other methods below to keep parents, guardians, and students up to date on activities and happenings in our school.
We also have a new app. It’s called “Parent Square.” You can go to your phone’s app store and download it. It will ask for you to login using your phone number or email, you will have to verify the information and create a password. All students attached to that parents phone/email in our school information system, should show up on your app.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: es.eufaula. k12.ok.us Location: 1705 West JM Bailey Hwy Eufaula, OK 74432 Phone: 918-689-2682 Facebook: facebook. com/EufaulaElementarySchoolIronheads
October 9th-11th-4th/5th Basketball Oktaha Festival TBA October 10th- 4th/5th Basketball @Home 4:30 October 12th – KG Pumpkin Patch October 13th – PK Pumpkin Patch October 16th- 5th Grade @Chectoah October 17th-4th/5th @ Quinton October 18th – 1st Grade Pumpkin Patch October 19th- 2nd Grade Pumpkin Patch October 20th- NO School Fall Break October 23rd- NO School Fall Break October 23rd-25th-Warner Basketball Festival TBA October 25th-31st-Red Ribbon Days October 26th – Bingo for Books October 30th-Nov 2nd- Eufaula Spooktacular Basketball Tournament TBA November 6th 4th/5th Basketball @ Home 4:30 November 9th – Picture Retakes November 9th-4th/5th Basketball @ Home 4:30 November 10th – Veterans Day Program 9:30 am Middle School Gym November 14th 4th/5th Basketball @ Henryetta 4:30 November 15th – 4th Grade Music Program 1:30 Elementary Gym November 16th 4th/5th Basketball @ Home 4:30 November 20th- 24th – Thanksgiving Break (No school