Every weekend in October, discover a new haunted Halloween trail at a handful of Oklahoma’s state parks. These unique experiences are a great opportunity for families and couples to discover more of what our state parks have to offer.
See below for more information on several spooky trails that are sure to get you in the Halloween spirit this month.
• Lake Eufaula State Park
– Every Saturday in October Lake Eufaula State Park calls the bravehearted to embark on a haunted trail adventure on any Saturday of the month. Gather at the park office as twilight descends, and for $3.00 per person, immerse yourself in the bone-chilling mysteries that unfold beneath the canopy of the park.
• Foss State Park – October 20-21 Beginning at dark, walk the half-mile spooky, tree-filled trail at Foss State Park. It’s full of ghosts, goblins, creepy dolls, scary clowns and even a zombie or two – an adventure you don’t want to miss!
• Greenleaf State Park – October 20-21 Get in the Halloween spirit at Greenleaf State Park and take a ride along the Halloween Trail Ride of Terror.
On Friday, Oct. 20 from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 21 from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m., step off the beaten path and into the thrilling world of supernatural suspense at Greenleaf.
• Roman Nose State Park -October 27-28 Venture into Roman Nose State Park’s Halloween trail on October 27 and 28. Awaiting you is a hayride to the trail’s starting point. As darkness falls, the forest comes alive with thrills and frights, an unforgettable adventure for all ages.
• Wister State Park -October 28 As dusk settles on October 28, the Below the Dam campground at Talimena and Wister State Parks transforms into a realm of spooky enchantment. Head there for the Trail of Treats from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and engage in a spirited costume contest and a spooky trunk/ station decorating contest.