The stage was perfect at Big 12 Football Media Days at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Big 12 Commissioner Brett Yormark listed the success the conference had.
• TCU in CFP National Championship
• 80% of football programs in bowl games.
• 70% of men’s basketball teams in tournament.
• 60% of women’s basketball teams in tournament.
• OU softball won their third straight National Championship.
• Two teams in the Women’s College World Series.
• Six of nine baseball programs played in the NCAA postseason.
• 30 student-athletes picked from the incoming NFL draft.
• Four national championships this year.
• 23 individual national titles won by Big 12 Student Athletes.
• That, my friend, is very impressive. However, Yormark caught some flack when he suggested that some college games may be played on Friday night. That would interfere with high school football, which takes a backseat to no one.
• Overall the Big 12 has been very successful and with the addition of Cincinnati, BYU, Houston and Houston, the conference will only get stronger even when OU and Texas leave for the SEC.